Attention fellow photosensitives!
I’d like to take a moment to tell you all about what is now easily my favorite XKit add-on, Disable Gifs.
Disable Gifs is almost everything I could have wanted from a photosensitive accessibility add-on. It will:
- Automatically stop gifs on your dashboard. This feature isn’t quite perfect, because it will only freeze gifs that are part of a photo post (meaning that you’re out of luck if someone adds a really flashy gif anywhere in the comment section, which is why non-photosensitive folk still need to please tag for this stuff), but it will definitely help with the majority of flashy things that will pass your dashboard.
- Allow you to play individual gifs at will. Specifically, each photo post with an animated gif will have a “Play Gif” (see image) option at the bottom of it. Simply click on this to animate all of the gifs in a post. If you want to see a specific gif in a photoset, just click on that image to view it with Tumblr’s photo viewer, and it’ll pop up and play.
- Easily stop gifs again once played. That gif a bit too much for you? You hate seeing it out of the corner of your eye? Just hit the “Play Gif” button again and it’ll stop.
Seriously, guys. My Tumblr experience is now so much better thanks to this add-on. Its main drawbacks are that it doesn’t stop gifs within the body of text and that it might slow down your computer, but I haven’t had any performance issues with this as of yet, and I’ve still found that it’s dramatically reduced how often I get triggery gifs on my dash. A+, would highly recommend.
To welcome this add-on into your life, first get XKit if you do not have it, and then go to your XKit “Get Extensions” tab, search for “Disable Gifs”, and click “install.”
Oh, and if you’re doing this during the holiday season, to turn off the annoying flashy Christmas lights, hit “Festivus Person?” in the lower right hand corner.
[tw rape, abuse, racism, misogyny, lesbophobia, transphobia, pedophilia]
- the working conditions are terrible and rape and abuse are rampant. porn stars experience extreme damage to their bodies, and their average career length is 3 months. [x] [x] (heavy trigger warning for rape and abuse in the second link)
- there is no way of knowing whether the acts depicted in any porn you could watch were consensual.
- it promotes pedophilia. "teen" is the most commonly searched porn term, and child pornography is one of the fastest growing businesses online.
- it promotes racial fetishisation. (“spicy latina,” “submissive asian,” “promiscuous/aggressive black woman”) [x]
- it promotes the fetishisation of lesbians and girl on girl sex. this leads to lesbians being raped/sexually harassed by heterosexual men who see lesbians as sex objects.
- it promotes the fetishisation of trans people (“shemale” porn)
- it warps male sexuality and causes men to enjoy degrading and being sexually violent towards women. this can begin at an alarmingly young age.
- it contributes to the culture of male sexual pleasure being prioritised over female sexual pleasure.
- it promotes thin/hairless/white/eurocentric beauty standards. most genitals (or bodies in general) featured in porn are completely hairless, and according to australian law, the vulva must be “healed to a single crease” in order to be considered “soft porn” (typically found in porn magazines) [x]
- it portrays women as sex objects to be bought, sold, and consumed for male pleasure.
- "feminist porn" is not the answer. it still supports the industry and the objectification of women and exploits women for profit. [x]
- the fact that a small number of women enjoy and make successful careers out of porn does not discredit the above points.
recommended further resources:
As you’re getting ready for the weekend, it’s time for a little Fact Friday!
If someone is sexually active, it is recommended to get tested for STDs every 6 months. If you haven’t been tested yet, it’s time to GYT! Find a health center near you: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/
bisexual guys are assumed to be secretly gay
bisexual girls are assumed to be secretly straight
both are assumed to secretly like men
see what i’m getting at?
Don’t forget that gay men are gay because they lacked a “strong male figure”. And lesbians either haven’t found the right man or are gay because of a guy.
Followers: My close friend has been working on a grassroots micro-loan project in India called Passion Project 2014. Their goal is to help prevent the sale of young girls into sex work by their impoverished families. They plan to achieve this by creating a “goat bank”,…
unlearning problematic behavior is a long ass process
you will fuck up
handle it gracefully.
Why do men want to punch women so badly? Seriously. Why is that always a thing they bring up when people talk about equal rights?